Wednesday, August 20, 2008

how I spent my summer vacation

Growing up in my family meant we bought a house, my dad would totally remodel it then sell it. My dad was a professional painter, wallpaper hanger and a school teacher. It must be in my blood because I love painting, doing mouldings, wood trims, decorating and etc. My sister, JaNae, has the same interests. We dream about flipping houses! Being busy moms and now grandmas we're not sure this will ever happen. So, we decided to remodel our parents home in Orem, Utah. We did the master bedroom last year. Then we went up for the whole month of July this year and did the rest of the upstairs. My parents home was very cute in the 80's. But it was time for a new updated look. My parents are now 86 years old. My sister and I had a blast! Check out the slideshow of the before and after pictures. There are a few things that weren't finished when the pic were taken, but I think you'll get the idea.

2 comments:

HansDoc said...

This is awsome!!!!! You two are the bomb when it comes to home decorating. You should both have your own tv reality show. No kidding. Looks like Better Homes and Gardens. I am not saying this just because you are my sisters. Okay, you both told me to say this. Kenn

Andra said...

HI Shellee!!! Thanks for sending your blog site on your face book message! I love it!
Ok, I had know idea you were such an awesome decorator! The kitchen is just incredible!!! I loooove the mosaic tile, beautiful! Did you do that all yourself?? Merry Christmas!